WANTED: Editorial Assistant
THIS IS FADED is seeking an Editorial Assistant to support our Editorial Team (but the position is based here in Hong Kong at our office in Central!).
The main purpose of the role of Editorial Assistant is to support the Editor to ensure all content related to the site is prepped and uploaded either onto the site or in the weekly newsletter. The role is an administrative support role and there will be an opportunity if desired to help with writing content.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Uploading daily posts to site and format as needed with images and links including a final proofread before publishing and scheduling, implementing SEO practices
· Creating main feature images for all posts based on Sassy Design Conventions
· Managing the Editorial Calendar alongside the Editor to show status of planned content and ensure deadlines are being met
· Posting articles to Facebook
· Liaising with relevant PRs as necessary
· Handling any article updates for accuracy of content
· Updating the events calendar and writing event-based articles such as Your Weekly Calendar
· Creating all newsletters and EDMs in Mailchimp, including advertorial EDMs and the Weekly Sassy Mama newsletters.
· Working with Editors to finalise and approve the weekly newsletters and schedule send-out
· Assist as needed on editorial research/writing for articles
· Handle contest logistics including making/inserting Giveaway forms
Desired Skills and Experience
· Degree holder with relevant working or internship experience
· Interest in writing, editing and SEO
· Knowledge of Squarespace and in any image editing program is preferred
· Pleasant working attitude, outgoing, self-motivated and well-organised
If you fit the bill, please email Hayley@studio179.hk with your CV telling us why you’d be a fab fit for the TIF team! Please include the job title in the email subject line.